Take your company to Dubai to meet world-leading investors, network with VIPs, connect with customers and ultimately win a prize at the Future Blockchain Summit at DWTC.
What is the Smart Dubai Office Blockchain Challenge?
Dubai launched a city-wide Blockchain Strategy in October 2016 with the aim of becoming the first blockchain-powered city by 2020. Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and Union are looking for game-changing applications of blockchain technology in any industry. Blockchain has the potential to improve people’s lives, and Dubai is posed to be a leader in moving such applications forward.
- Your startup must be implementing blockchain technology in its solution or product.
- Your startup must be a for-profit business.
- Your business must be a scalable product or service and in-market (MVP or pilots are fine but must fundamentally be beyond “idea stage”).
- Your startup must have at least two team members.
- Your startup’s product or service should be possible to implement in Dubai from a technical and legal standpoint.
- Your startup must be willing to implement your product or service in Dubai.
- Your startup must ultimately be enhancing the quality of life and city of Dubai.
- Your startup must be less than 3 years old.
The three top winners of the SDO Blockchain Challenge will receive the following prizes:
- First Place $20,000 USD
- Second Place $15,000 USD
- Third Place $10,000 USD
- February 15: Blockchain Challenge Launch & Applications open
- March 25: Applications close
- April 7: Selected competing startups are notified and announced
- May 1: Competing startups arrive in Dubai
- May 2: Pitch training
- May 3: Blockchain Challenge event
- May 4: Competing startups depart from Dubai
For interested startups, apply now!