Opportunity to immerse yourself in the MENA startup ecosystem, experiencing the ins and outs of early stage investing.
As a Junior Analyst your primary responsibilities:
- Assist with startup sourcing, screening, and shortlisting
- Update and maintain a startup database (CRM)
- Perform due diligence on companies under review for investment including:
- In-depth macro, industry, company and/or transaction-specific research
- Business and financial analysis, financial modeling and valuation for projects
- Product and technology evaluation
- Preparation of investment memoranda
- Assist in WOMENA’s portfolio management (NAV reporting, financial statements, etc.)
- Assist in investor relations including quarterly reporting on portfolio performance
This opportunity allows you to experience a bird’s eye view of the MENA startup scene, as well as get firsthand experience evaluating companies for investment and experiencing the process of early stage and venture investment. We are a small team of four, passionate about creating a thriving ecosystem in the MENA region and empowering women by building a network of angel investors. You will be working in a casual (and cool) office with a great view of Dubai.
- Undergraduate degree
- 0-2 years of experience
- Good language abilities in English (Arabic is a plus)
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to use Excel
- Strong analytical and communication skills,
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in team
Please note, applicants will only be considered for the position if they send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with subject ‘Junior Analyst Application‘. Those who fail to do so will not be considered.