IMPULSE is an international startup acceleration program that aims to help entrepreneurs develop and execute game changing ideas, technologies and discoveries in Africa and for Africa.
The program is free and does not take equity. Learn more below and apply before the October 1 Deadline.
Who are they?
IMPULSE is a unique accelerator program developed by Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in partnership with MassChallenge, with the support of OCP Group and its subsidiary OCP Africa.
This 12-week program targets innovative startups operating in four scientific and industrial fields: Agritech, BioTech, Mining Technologies and Materials Science & Nanotechnology.
Impulse’s main objective is to support the rapid growth of selected startups and to help them forge profitable and lasting partnerships with OCP Group, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) and MassChallenge’s global network.
Who can participate?
We look for entrepreneurs who want to take their businesses to the next level.
We accept applications from early stage startups in Africa and all over the world, interested in solving challenges in the following areas:
- Mining Tech
- Materials Science & Nanotech
As the official language of the program is English, the applicant must be proficient in English.
When is the program? (See detailed timeline below)
- June 26 2019: Applications open
- July – September 2019: Applications African Tour
- October 1, 2019: Applications close
- November 2019: Finalists Announcement
- January 15, 2020: Accelerator Program Start
- March 2020: Swiss Bootcamp
- March 2020: US Bootcamp
- April 2020: Demo Day & Awards Ceremony
What’s in it for startups?
Ten startups will be selected to participate in an intensive, 12-week acceleration program in Morocco, where they will receive:
- Mentoring and coaching offered by OCP experts, UM6P professors and doctoral students and mentors of theMassChallenge network and the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Access to business opportunities via OCP Group, OCP Africa and UM6P networks
- An equity-free cash prize of USD 250,000 to be shared between winning startups
- Access to UM6P amenities: Fablab, experimental laboratories and living laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art equipment enabling startups to develop and test prototypes of their products and services
- Study trips to the ecosystems of Boston (US) and Lausanne (CH)
- Access to a 430 m² co-working space, equipped with the necessary facilities and equipments to enable startups to work on their businesses
- Access to financing through a set of national and international investment funds and business angels