Meet MENA’s up and coming female-led tech startups!
Interested to meet the Middle East’s hottest female-led startups? Womentum — MENA’s (Middle East & North Africa) first accelerator for female-led tech startups — will be hosting a showcase evening, to introduce you to eight female-led tech startups, from gaming to construction tech, and we’d love to see you there!
The Evening’s Agenda:
6:30 – 7:00: Arrival & networking with canapés and drinks
7:05 – 7:15: Opening remarks by womena® founder Elissa Freiha
7:15 – 7:30: Keynote speech from Diana Kinnert, politician, entrepreneur, author and activist
7:30 – 8:45: Company pitches by the Womentum 2019 Cohort
8:45 – 9:15: Announcement by Womentum judges
9:15 – Onwards: Networking and drinks!
Meet the Keynote Speaker, Ms. Diana Kinnert:
Ms. Diana Kinnert is a German politician for the CDU party. Previously, Ms. Kinnert served as Chief of Staff of the Vice-President of the German Bundestag Peter Hintze. Additionally, she worked for the Chairman of the CDU Dr. Peter Tauber regarding the reformation and transformation of political parties. Ms. Kinnert founded different companies in the field of green technology, sustainable innovations, city solution and e-health. She also works as a political advisor to different governments and ministries and publishes political essays and books. Ms. Kinnert earned her academic degrees in political science, social sciences and philosophy at the University of Göttingen and the University of Amsterdam (NL).
Given the location of the event, attendees and their plus-ones must RSVP before July 15th. IDs are required to enter the venue, so don’t forget to bring yours!
If you are in Berlin and interested in joining the womentum, kindly RSVP above. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winners selected for the 2019 cohort are:
- Maj Solution (Lebanon) is a customizable product management tool for construction projects that automates workflows using AI technology while collecting real-time data analytics.
- Fresh Source (Egypt) is disrupting the national horticulture agri-chain through innovative solutions that connect small-time farmers to the modern value chain, saving farmers money and preventing food loss.
- Chefaa (Egypt) is an AI-powered on-demand marketplace for pharmaceutical products, helping patients easily access medicine and scheduling delivery by uploading prescription or using the search engine.
- Luxury Promise (UAE) is a marketplace for pre-loved luxury goods delivered with speed and authenticity. AI visual recognition can identify and value products while human experts use anti-counterfeit technology.
- Pas-sport (Egypt) is a matchmaking platform that connects local and regional athletes with sports scholarships at universities globally. Athletes are smartly-matched with universities that can recruit directly.
- Dimension 14 (UAE) is an AI-powered tool for scheduling and automated decision making in organizations with complex systems, such as scheduling in universities or roster and fleet management.
- MakerBrane (Lebanon) is a peer-to-peer virtual makerspace where toy creators can design, build and trade digital toys using virtual building materials and play instructions that can be replicated in real life.
- Dabchy (Tunisia) is a pre-loved goods marketplace operating in Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco where the online community can buy and sell clothes, bags and accessories.