Womena is Hiring!!!
We are looking for a Freelance Video Producer/Editor position involving creating both short-form video stories and longer episodic pieces for womena’s media platform.
- Develop and own compelling womena-style stories
- Own the video creation process from pitch to publish (conceptualizing, asset gathering, directing, video editing, prep for publishing)
- Channel the womena voice, creating woke, inspiring stories that drive social media conversations
- Work closely with the Chief Media Officer, Head of Production and Story Producer in scripting and implementing feedback to improve videos
- Create multiple platform-appropriate edits of all original content
– Candidates should have 1-2+ years experience editing online content and preferably with a bachelor’s degree in communications, film, or related studies. Animation and/or design skills are a plus
– Experienced video editing (proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop, After Effects is a plus)
– Highly creative storyteller with the ability to lead and manage multiple projects
– Sharp understanding of social media and video platforms
– Advanced problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot technical problems
– Strong understanding of motion graphics/text and producing/editing video for social media
– A curious, creative, critical thinker, always looking for stories & passionate about visual storytelling
– Proven ability to work on deadline, under pressure, and juggle multiple projects at once
– Proven ability to generate original ideas while also taking on stories as assigned
– Familiarity with DSLR cameras, basic lighting, and mobile filmmaking is a plus
– Strong grammar, writing, and copy editing skills are a plus
– Candidates can work remotely and be based ANYWHERE but in line with company working hours (roughly 8am – 5pm Cairo time) on a project basis.
Please send your video portfolio or reel (and other relevant work) with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Video Editor’. Those who fail to do so will not be considered.