From October 16-20th is GITEX Technology Week— the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of technology. In 2015, more than 146,000 attendees from across the globe gathered amongst one million net square feet of exhibit space.
This year, GITEX is getting in on the startup movement, bringing GITEX Startups, the largest global startup movement to Dubai, gathering 400 exciting startups from 40 countries. The GITEX Startup Investor Conference will be held in parallel, featuring over 30 international speakers and 450 members of the global investment community. WOMENA will be partnering with GITEX Startups Investor Conference to bring the attention of investors and technologists to the impact angel investors can have on building an ecosystem.
With ICT spending in the region to hit $260 Billion in 2016 and Dubai ranked second globally in government procurement of advanced, next-gen technology products, the region is strategically transitioning itself with growing appetite for smart and innovative solutions. WOMENA’s participation in the conference will aim to showcase that angel investors are needed more than ever to fund innovation and startups.
This GITEX, WOMENA will be hosting two panels:
Elissa Freiha, co-founder of WOMENA will be hosting a panel called ‘Gender Diversity in Investment’. Speakers will include:
- Shainoor Koja, angel investor and Managing Director of Roshan angel investors
- Gaurav Dhar, angel investor and WOMENA’s first male member former head of branding for Facebook Amira Rashad
- Amira Rashad, angel investor and former head of branding for Facebook
Chantalle Dumonceaux, co-founder of WOMENA will be hosting a panel discussion on ‘Angel Investors and Their Place in Ecosystem Building’, where successful angel investors will be discussing the impact that angels can make on building an ecosystem. Speakers include:
- Tariq Bin Hendi, Angel investor and CEO of Emirates NBD Asset Management
- Heather Henyon, Angel investor and founder WAIN and Managing Director, Balthazar Capital
- Prashant K. Gulati, Angel investor and President of TIE & Founder, the Assembly
- Kushal Shah, Angel investor and co-founder of Dubai Angels