About the Campaign:
In celebration of Women’s Month and International Women’s day taking place in March 2018, Womena has launched a region-wide campaign called, Women Of MENA. The #WomenofMENA campaign aims to transform the global narrative around women in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), highlighting the accomplishments that women in the region have achieved and the broad variety of roles they play as entrepreneurs, inventors, scientists, leaders, and change makers.
Join a #WomenofMENA event in your city!
We are excited to have partners hosting #WomenofMENA events in 6 countries across the Middle East: Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, and the United Arab Emirates. Click on the map below to find out more about the events taking place!
How YOU can join the campaign:
1. As an individual, group or company
Contribute to the conversation on social media by telling us your story and perspective of who are the #WomenofMENA.
- Download the Women of MENA poster here and write your response to who the #WomenofMENA are.
- Tag Womena’s account (Twitter | Instagram | Facebook) on your favorite Social Media channels and add the official hashtag #WomenOfMENA on your post.
Bonus: Tag a fabulous woman (a bosslady) in your post to highlight women you think should be celebrated! If you don’t know what to say, check out these posts that you can easily use via social media.
2. Host an official Women of MENA event
If you are an organization or co-working space that plans to host a female-focused event in your city, we’d love to partner with you and make it a Women of MENA event.
All you have to do is:
- Get your attendees to take photos, Snapchat or Instastories. Tag Womena’s account (Twitter | Instagram | Facebook) on your favorite Social Media channels and add the official hashtag #WomenOfMENA on your post. You can print and use the Women of MENA poster for photo props, letting the attendees fill in the blank with their own stories.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to partner, and we’ll have a short phone call with you to discuss how we can best support your event!
Official Women of MENA events will:
- Have their event featured on our global Women of MENA map.
- Entrepreneurship ecosystem partners will have the opportunity to win FREE two (2) tickets to STEP Conference – the biggest Startup event in the region.
- Opportunities for an Instagram takeover.
- Receive branded templates that will make it easy for you to co-brand your event for the Women of MENA campaign.
- Womena will share and promote your event on our social media channels!
- March 1 – Official campaign kickoff
- March 8 – International Women’s Day
- March 27 – Women of MENA Party at STEP Conference
Women of MENA 2018 Campaign Partner
The largest experiential tech festival in the Middle East will be back on March 28-29, 2018 at Dubai Internet City. For more details: stepconference.com
Women of MENA 2018 Community Partners
Photos from our Partner Events
About International Women’s Day/Month:
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. International Women’s Day (IWD) has been observed since the early 1900’s – a time of great expansion and turbulence in the industrialized world that saw booming population growth and the rise of radical ideologies. IWD is a collective day of global celebration and a call for gender parity. No one government, NGO, charity, corporation, academic institution, women’s network or media hub is solely responsible for International Women’s Day. For more information on IWD, read here.
Women’s Month is an annual declared month that highlights the contributions of women to events in history and contemporary society. The first Women’s Month was recognized by a joint resolution from the U.S. Congress in 1987 that the month of March would be designated as “Women’s History Month.” Since then, Women’s Month has been celebrated in other countries across the globe. At Womena, we take every opportunity to celebrate the amazing contributions that #WomeninMENA are making in history!